Frequently Asked Questions
1) Q What time does school start at Ethel Bobcean Elementary School?
A: Ethel Bobcean Elementary School begins at 8:35 a.m.
2) Q What time does school end at Ethel Bobcean Elementary School?
A: Ethel Bobcean Elementary School ends at 3:40 p.m.
3) Q What should I do if my child will be absent?
A: If your child is going to be absent please call the Attendance Line at 734-535-6999 (available 24 hours a day). Please give your name, your child's name, your child's teacher and reason for the absence.
4) Q What should I do if my child is going to be late and I want him/her to have a hot lunch?
A: If your child is going to be late for school and he/she needs a hot lunch, please call the school at 734-535-6900 by 9:00 a.m.
5) Q Where do I pick up my walker after school?
A: Walkers are picked up at the Main Entrance. Teachers will walk the children outside.
6) Q What do I do if my child needs to be released early from school?
A: A note should be sent to school with your child stating the time he/she will be leaving. Or you may contact the office at 734-535-6900. Please DO NOT leave a message, be sure to speak to one of the office personnel.
7) Q What do I do if my child needs to ride a different bus after school?
A: You must contact the Transportation Department at 734-535-6515. You will need to provide the name, address, and phone number of the residence the child is going to.
8) Q How do I contact my child's teacher during school hours?
A: You may e-mail your child's teacher or use their direct telephone line, which goes to voice mail. Your child's teacher will return your call as soon as possible.
9) Q What time is Breakfast?
A: Breakfast begins at 8:15.
10) Q How much is Breakfast?
A: Breakfast costs $1.75.
11) Q How much does lunch cost?
A: Lunch costs is $3.00.
12) Q How do I pay for my child's lunch?
A: You may pay daily or in advance for your child's lunch. Please place the money in an envelope with your child's name and his/her teacher's name on the envelope.
13) Q May I volunteer at Bobcean Elementary.
A: Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, Flat Rock Community Schools has instituted a paperless volunteer background check procedure for anyone who wants to volunteer in our schools or for any activities. Only ONE background check is required per person, even if you want to volunteer in multiple buildings and/or activities.
Please note that Flat Rock Community Schools reserves the right to “approve” or “deny” any volunteer service upon review of the background check returned. All determinations are based to ensure the safety and well-being of our students. Providing false information is grounds for immediate volunteer denial.
14) Q What items do I need to register my child at Ethel Bobcean Elementary School?
A: Child's original birth certificate with seal
Child's social security card for Kindergarten students only (We do not copy or record numbers)
Two proofs of residency such as a utility bill, voter registration, rental or purchase agreement.